Followers

Monday, August 10, 2009

WHAT'S WRONG WITH WATCHING A MOVIE ALONE

I was thinking of what to write earlier when I woke up. My first post was about why blog here, so I thought that the second post should be to introduce myself. But then I thought who would even read this anyway?! So I thought I'd just be the old me, just give those people who stumbled here a taste of who I was. Like I said, I'll tell everything about myself here in bits and pieces. Hopefully, that'll help you get to know me a little better.

Okay, so how about I start with this: I like watching movies alone.

I don't really see anything wrong with watching films in my lonesome. I understand the film better. I don't have to be composed when I'm with someone. I mean I can slouch if I want to and do some other stuff, but more on that later on.

Come on, the only perk of watching a movie with someone is that you could hold hands with your date or if you're really lucky, makeout when you're watching a film. But I think that's it, that's why I like watching movies alone.

So, it's better to watch a movie alone because:
  1. YOU CAN CONCENTRATE ON THE MOVIE ITSELF. There's no annoying person who asks what happened while they were peeing. No one asking you to kiss him/her while the good parts of the film is showing. I mean if you just want to make out, get a room, and don't go to the cinemas.
  2. YOU CAN SIT ANYWHERE YOU LIKE. This is really good specially if you're watching a movie that everyone else want to see. You can sit on solo empty seats and not worry that you won't be seated with your friends. And it's worse when you go to see the first full show, but the available seat is only on the last full screening (this is obviously just an exaggeration but you know what I mean).
  3. YOU CAN FLIRT WITH THE GUY/GIRL ON THE OTHER AISLE. If you're the type who scour the cinema to find a potential date. I'm not like that. But if you are, you won't be able to do so because you're on a date or you're scared that your friends will tease you. You're on your lonesome, you can do whatever you want.
  4. LESS EXPENSIVE. You can do whatever you want to do before or after the movie. When you're with someone you'll be forced to eat first, then have coffee after the movie. You'd sometimes be forced to treat your friend/date to see the film.

The way I see it, it doesn't matter if people see it as a loser-y thing to do. I like watching movies alone. But it does not also say that I'd rather watch it alone than with someone. It's nice having to feel the awkward moment of deciding to hold your date's hand. I'm just saying there really is nothing wrong with watching a movie alone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ako din. mahilig manood ng movie mag-isa. until may partner na. can't see no wrong there.

MakMak said...

You can also watch any movie that you want. Unlike when you're with someone/friends - you have to consider their choices and form a consensus on what to watch. :-)

In any case, I love watching movies alone as well for all the reasons you mentioned.

And I just don't care what other people think of it.