Anyway, Engel thought that for this post, he'd keep it very light. Write as he usually does, in his old home. Some semblance of who he was.
Engel's 27, so most of his formative years were spent during the 90's. He has alot of memories from that time. He's sure most of the people who stumbles upon this blog is in the same age bracket as the writer, so you could relate.
So let's walk down memory lane, shall we. In the 90's...
- you danced to the tune of macarena, how gee, always, the aringkingking song, tootsie roll, extasi extano, angelina, hot stepper, 100% pure love, ragamuffin girl and mr. boombastic.
- there was only one film outfit that does indie films, Seiko!
- grade school boys often brag about the most popular porn film they've seen, Taboo.
- your gay classmates often fight about which female character from Gimik or TGIS they can identify with.
- you sang and you know the gestures of The Jubilee Song and Tell The World of His Love.
- you were watching Nickelodeon on PTV4 when the earthquake happened, and almost played outside when ashes fell during the Mt. Pinatubo eruption, thinking it was finally snowing in the country.
- Gretchen Barretto, Kring Kring Gonzales, Rita Avila and Jestoni Alarcon are becoming yesterday's sexy stars and are replaced by Rosanna Roces, Rita Magdalena, Priscilla Almeda and Leandro Baldemor.
- you were glued to Beverly Hills 90210 and Melrose Place, and towards the end of the decade, Dawson's Creek.
- Misses Belgium, Venezuela, Thailand and Australia were your bets to win when the Ms. Universe Pageant was held here in the Philippines.
- obesity is not a common thing for children because all of them know how to play, Block 123, Monkey Monkey, Patintero, Syato, Langit Lupa, Taguan, Chinese Garter, Piko, Dr. Quack Quack.
- you watched Mr. Bogus, Twinkle the Dream Being, Tiny Toons, Ren & Stimpy, Rugrats, Ranma 1/2, Ghost Fighters, Sailor Moon, Magic Knight Rayearth, Dragonball Z, Princess Sarah, Cedie, Dog of Flanders, Remy, Julio at Julia, Peter Pan, Mary at ang Lihim na Hardin and Trapp Family Singers.
- you have heard of or read RL Stine's Fear Street, Christopher Pike, Sweet Valley High, Choose Your Own Adventure, and Sweet Dreams books.
- prom night songs consist of King & Queen of Hearts, Got To Believe In Magic, Ocean Deep, My Heart Will Go On, Sukiyaki and My All.
- your school newspaper's editorial team devoted an entire day debating who's better, Britney or Christina, Spice Girls or All Saints, and Backstreet Boys or Boyzone.
- your female busmates have let you sign their slambook, complete with your phone number, favorite stuffs, dream date and goal in life.
What did you do during the 90's?