Followers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

QUICK HITS V: ON LEAVING, RETURNING AND BLOGGING

I left Engel because I thought that it's already served it's purpose. In truth it already did. I've said all I had to say. I've met all the people I wanted to meet. I made a handful of good friends, and I think it's more than enough.

I've been through quite a few things during my time away from this blog, and I'm grateful I have a few people that I was able to turn to for advise during those times. I met them all here. And I'm not asking for anything more. And honestly, I was quite disappointed with a few of the people I've met online. Superficial.

I thought that of all the people who'd understand me, it would be the people who are the same as I am. Call me naive, but I thought that was true. Apparently not.

**************
Now I came back because I thought there's no other means for me to say what I really wanted to say. I write alot on my other home, and it's mostly me. But I can't say everything.

Believe me, I so wanted to say there how happy I am, the state I am in these days. But I can't not all of them understand. I'm not one to worry about losing readers. That's how you know who will stick around. But some of them I've known ever since I started that home.

But the freedom is here. I get to express everything here without inhibitions. Without worries of being misjudged.

And I came back because I have new reasons to write again.

**************
The GBV pointed out that this side of the blogosphere has kind of lost the really good writers. I'm sure they're still around. I still see them post entries every now and then, but I guess they are now busy living their lives outside the online world.

It's a shame because most of them I haven't even met yet.

I don't get to bloghop here as often as I should, but one thing I noticed, and I said this a few posts ago, most of the new blogs out there are all about one thing. Sex.

Yeah, I know sex sells. And I'm not going to burst other's bubbles here. That's their blogs, that's what they want to write. I've always the option to not read them. But then again I hope those people won't expect others to treat them seriously. No offense, but those people air out their most private or intimate experiences to the public. These things are not meant to be shared. Unless your aim is to tittilate and nothing else.

I'm not going to go all preachy or anything because for one, I read some of them.

**************
These are only my opinions. I don't mean to offend anyone by what I said here. And if in case I did, I'm sorry.

14 comments:

citybuoy said...

I agree on so many different levels. I don't know. Blogging just ain't what it used to be. Or maybe we're just getting a little old.

I can barely keep up with my reading, let alone writing. I'm glad the muses have not abandoned you.

"And honestly, I was quite disappointed with a few of the people I've met online. Superficial."

Oi, di pa tayo nagkikita! I hope I'm not one of those people you mentioned. :c

The Chemistry Guy said...

"And honestly, I was quite disappointed with a few of the people I've met online. Superficial."

99.99% of meeting one..
0.01% probability of meeting a good guy.

:D just met 2 the past 3days. though not personal.

Anonymous said...

Aha! How many times have you explained this, my friend? Haha

You are just so defensive. :P

Anonymous said...

nagsalita na si citybuoy..sya na. Lol =)

--- --

about your observation: sa ganun talaga engel eh.. mahirap ngang magbigay ng 2 cents about these people writing about sex, una kasi lalabas na ang insecure naman natin para pakialaman ang trip ng iba at second is napakaliit ng portion ang kwento erotica nila para i-judge ang kanilang pagkatao.

Pero yun nga, as readers we ask, bukod sa sex ano pa ang titillating sa kanila?

Bilang reader, kailangan i-filter natin ang information na pumapasok sa utak natin.

We come full circle na siguro when it comes to these things, or because namulat tayo sa different generation of bloggers.

I guess you don't need to apologize.

MakMak said...

I knew you were going to come up with a reply. You are really defensive, man. :-)

Désolé Boy said...

i feel you man! i'm a newbie here yet i couldn't help but agree with you..

although..sometimes..as i read those 'sex posts'...most of them have 'something beyond' the carefully threaded erotic words..

sori..di ko maxado ma-explain..hehe

citybuoy said...

hoy dave. anong ako na?

sorry engel. :D *peace*

Unknown said...

What's a GBV?

imsonotconio said...

once a blogger, always a blogger

engel said...

imsonotconio: true.

drew: gbv is my blog friend good boi. i forgot what v stood for, may have been vlogger, but it escapes me. =D

desole boy: there's nothing wrong naman posting those things. i just find them abundant these days.

makmak: i don't know, i guess i'm just miss those sensible writers. sigh. where are y'all now? :(

dabo: maybe it's the trending thing. who knows. like i said, there's nothing wrong with it, i mean i read some of them.

goodboi: i have nothing to write, goodboi. give me a break. i just got back. =)

nyl: i texted you my reply. =P

Anonymous said...

Ehem, GBV stands for GoodBoy Visionary. And ehem, I am the GBV.

Mugen said...

Yeah, I know sex sells. And I'm not going to burst other's bubbles here. That's their blogs, that's what they want to write. I've always the option to not read them. But then again I hope those people won't expect others to treat them seriously. No offense, but those people air out their most private or intimate experiences to the public. These things are not meant to be shared. Unless your aim is to tittilate and nothing else.

Hi Engel, I'm sorry dude but what you did is actually contradict yourself.

As I have told you before, each and every one of us has a story to tell, even those who write erotic posts. Its their expression of their deeper longings, a question they try to uncover as they proceed with their own journey.

If you feel not reading them, might as well keep a mum about their blogs.

I'd be saying this one last time, because you can't stay naive forever, ideal yeah, but naive is something different. If you don't want something. Keep it to yourself, unless you want others begin writing their thoughts directly opposed to you.

Marcus: Bading Down Under said...

I can definitely relate to this.

Guyrony said...

Of course I have nothing against your post. I myself am guilty of posting such.

Although it's more of a mixed bag. I post something spontaneous: emotional moments, homosexual issues and erotic encounters. I think this is what makes us so transparent in our blog world that we're living.

Aren't we all here to make an impact? :)

In any way we can Engel.