Followers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

DAY TWO

Because of changes at work, for the rest of the month I'll be coming in to work an hour early. While that's fine because of the taxi reimbursement and everything, I don't like the shorter hours of sleep.

So anyway, being the model employee that I am, I decided to come to work a few hours earlier. If you're thinking this is another one of those CR moments, you're a pervert.

Anyway, knowing me, I can't stay inside the office for two hours doing nothing so I decided to go out and hang out in the nearest Starbucks.

For a payday Monday and a rush hour at that, the cafe I went to was surprisingly empty. Save for this cute girl reading Mitch Albom's Have A Little Faith. She was alone outside with her little book and kinda looked bored.

I've read parts of the book, and found some of it a little bit too preachy that's why I'm only a quarter through it. A month and a half after I bought it. She was almost at the end.

Anyway, I thought, it's been awhile since I talked to random strangers. Even longer to flirt with a girl. So I decided to do a Day Two.

Approach a random stranger and talk to her. Maybe flirt a little.

So I sat by the table beside hers. She was actually prettier up close. I like her nose. It's pointed, although she doesn't look like she's a half-blood. But she really has this nice pointed, semi-spanishy nose. She's not mestiza. Just fair. Probably from La Salle, I don't know. She's got that La Sallite feel the way she drinks her coffee.

So anyway, I decided to make my move. I mean I look decent today. Smelled of Guess Man. So I was at least presentable.

"That's Mitch Albom's newest book, right?" I asked.

She hesitated to answer. She looked around, checked if I was talking to someone else. But it was just the two of us.

She looked at me, kinda irritated. But she answered my question with a nod.

"I have a copy of one, but haven't finished it yet. Is it any good?"

She just looked at me, closed her book, packed up and left.

So there goes my day two. Attempt flirting with a girl and get dumped.

Epic fail, right?

15 comments:

red the mod said...

Nah. She's just indifferent, as most people in Makati are. It was, though, a bit unwarranted. Maybe she just came off a shift, a really bad one at that.

Anonymous said...

The last time I flirted with a girl was during my freshman year in college. I really have forgotten how it feels like doing it hahaha.

citybuoy said...

what were u thinking?! bad engel bad! lol

baka nga pagod. may mga times na strangers approach me while i have coffee. pag in the zone ako, nababadtrip din ako.

rudeboy said...

Ah, engel, someone once said that every rejection brings you one step closer to acceptance.

I think some of you were still wetting your bedsheets the last time I seriously flirted with a woman, so I'm a little rusty in that department.

But it was in the trying that you succeeded, although the trial was not a resounding success. So, epic fail?

Nah.

A false start, perhaps. Give it more time and a few more sorties, and the ladies shall fall.

To their knees, preferably.

Darc Diarist said...

kasi don't do it with girls ;P

Anonymous said...

"She just looked at me, closed her book, packed up and left."

You could've said, "Aba'y kaganda!!!" But you didn't, the *gentleman* that you are. ;-)

Nice post. On a day when the heat gives no reason for me to smile, your post did.

Anonymous said...

if you want to talk to a random stranger, you should have chosen a guy.

it would be much much easier. who knows, better things can happen next.

bunwich said...

wag na kasi. LOL

domjullian said...

tablado e.

Clayman said...

The next time you see her, pour steaming hot cappuccino on her. Feeling siya kamo.

I dunno if this is true, but I have this perception that most Pinoys equate random conversation with the a person trying to pick up the other person. Hello!

Haha! :P

the geek said...

well, there are still good 8 days to go... ;)

lee said...

there's always a next time :) and please boys next time hehehe

Ronnie said...

This is one of the best entries you got, IMO.

I remember this one line from a boring movie:

"Your father must've been a baker, 'cause you got a nice set of buns." Flirt 101, LOL

Can't wait for the other challenges. ;)

Unknown said...

Well at least you tried. I wouldn't even have the guts to do that.

wanderingcommuter said...

HAHAHAHAHA. i guess, nakasense....

BAKA blogger din si ate! LOL